My goal is to onboard 1 million new Bitcoin Cash users by the end of 2021. Here are the regions and countries I’ll be focusing on.
While the creation of marketing campaigns and video tutorials can be quite time- and labor-intensive, outreach to additional markets can be relatively inexpensive as long as we already support a language used there.
Individual countries are listed in approximate order of priority. The regions will have approximately the same priority level.
We have local allies in many of these countries and regions but are looking for more whom we can support.
Venezuela, Nigeria and the winner of this contest (maybe Bangladesh or the Philippines) will collectively receive about 60-80% of our overall focus.
Latin America (Latam)
- Venezuela is a prime candidate due to hyperinflation, the diaspora which gives rise to remittances, the authoritarian dictatorship and due to US sanctions.
- Honduras is seeing growth in remittances and is a top Latam remittances recipient.
- Nicaragua is seeing growth in remittances and is a top Latam remittances recipient.
- Guatemala is seeing growth in remittances and is a top Latam remittances recipient.
- Cuba is a small market but experiences high remittance fees, limits on economic growth to the authoritarian dictatorship and due to US sanctions.
- Argentina is on the verge of hyperinflation and could see value in the safe haven use case.
- Haiti is a significant remittances destination.
- Colombia is a major economic and cryptocurrency center in Latin America.
- México is the top remittances recipient in Latam and the 3rd-largest in the world, has some promising on- and off-ramps and is the only N11 nation in Latam.
Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA)
- Nigeria is the top remittances recipient by far in sub-Saharan Africa, has some cryptocurrency infrastructure, is the most populous nation in Africa (206m people) and is the only SSA nation in the N11.
- South Sudan is a significant remittances recipient but experiences extremely high fees.
- Senegal is a smaller remittances recipient but has high fees.
- Zimbabwe is experiencing hyperinflation.
- Bangladesh is an N11 nation with no cryptocurrency exchanges of its own but has seen noteworthy adoption of read.cash.
- Philippines is an N11 nation, the 4th-largest remittances recipient in the world, has some cryptocurrency infrastructure and has seen noteworthy BCH and read.cash adoption.
- India is the number one remittances recipient in the world, has seen BCH and read.cash adoption, may be opening up to cryptocurrency now and is the #2 most populous country in the world. There is also a BCH wallet being developed and promoted with special relevance to the Indian marketplace.
- Pakistan is an N11 nation.
As resources permit, we will also be pursuing two special projects.
- Lebanon is experiencing both hyperinflation and an increasingly desperate humanitarian situation. It is a small market but depends meaningfully on remittances. We have local allies who can support this project.
- China is the #1 most populous country, the 2nd-largest remittances recipient, a major BCH mining center and has an active community of BCH businesspeople and speculators. It is unlikely that we will spend any significant amount of BitcoinCash.site funds on China as things stand, but will aim to share media that is aimed at the investment and safe haven use cases as time and resources permit (unless someone wants to buy a sponsorship and request a greater focus on China, in which case we can dial this one up). We are developing local allies who can support this project.
Perks and Sponsorships
There are still quite a few perks and sponsorships available starting from 1 BCH.
Sponsorship plans are all about building brand awareness for your business. We are open to discussing the best ways to achieve your goals.
Perks and sponsorships enable us to promote Bitcoin Cash better, farther, faster and more often.
<2 x 100 BCH
For 100 BCH, get your logo, a link back, an ad for your business and/or a thanks in the following.
- 18 video tutorials
- 30 social media posts
- 1 marketing campaign, including landing page and email sequence
- 6 livestreams
- 6 pieces of PR content
- 5 sets of Brand Gear (shipping not included)
- The mentoring forum
- Exclusive sponsorship of 1 event
- Biweekly video calls with the team
<6 x 50 BCH
For 50 BCH, get your logo, a link back, an ad for your business and/or a thanks in the following.
- 9 video tutorials
- 12 social media posts
- 3 livestreams
- 3 pieces of PR content
- 2 sets of Brand Gear (shipping not included)
- Monthly video calls with the team
4 x 25 BCH
For 25 BCH, get your logo, a link back, an ad for your business and/or a thanks in the following.
- 3 video tutorials
- 5 social media posts
- 1 livestream
- 1 set of Brand Gear (shipping not included)
- Be one of the first 100 people to donate 5 BCH or more and get a limited edition Bitcoin Cash Mass Adoption hardcover, full-color, glossy photo book suitable for display on your coffee table or in your den. Your photo book will show off photographs taken by / of new BCH builders onboarded as part of this project. This memento will become a collector's item you can treasure for decades as evidence of your contribution to the development of Bitcoin Cash across the globe. Absolutely no more than 100 copies of this founder's edition of the book will be printed.
- Be one of the first 100 people to donate 2 BCH or more and get a set of 5 holiday cards that highlight a photograph produced by or taken of program participants in the course of promoting Bitcoin Cash. Use the cards to spread Bitcoin Cash holiday cheer in December. Winners of Perk 1 are not eligible for Perk 2.
- Be anyone who donates 1 BCH or more and be eligible for a drawing for a decorative wall-hanging suitable for framing that includes photos and/or artwork produced by/of program participants in the course of the execution of this proposal. This item will be unique and only 1 of this particular item will ever be produced.
- Donate any amount and receive a permanent listing on the BitcoinCash.site about page as our enduring thanks to you. Include a link in your pledge or via email and we will link back to any reasonable website.
To buy a sponsorship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To claim a perk via direct donation, please send an email with a block explorer link to your transaction and your perk request.
Get background analysis that informs the overall adoption strategy.
- (Flipstarter) BitcoinCash.site: A Marketing & Business Onboarding Hub for Bitcoin Cash!
- A Post-Coronavirus, Digital-First, Emergent Mass Adoption Strategy for Bitcoin Cash
- The Panmoni Business Plan: Building International Bitcoin Cash Commerce in Latam by Connecting Remittances with Merchants
- A Manifesto for the Next 10 Years of Bitcoin (Cash)
- Why Bitcoin Cash Needs to Target the $689 Billion Remittances Market
- What's the Inflows Challenge?
- Merchant Adoption is Pointless without Regular & Growing Inflows
- A Manifesto for Bitcoin Cash Adoption in the Developing World
Your feedback is welcome any time. Thanks in advance.
Bitcoin Cash Business Development, Marketing & Adoption
LinkedIn: George Donnelly
+573218423668 (cell, Signal, Whatsapp)